Saturday, March 7, 2009

365 days, one little miracle

I was updating Caden's little event calendar tonight and something struck me as I looked at the date. One year ago today, I lost our last little one. That was miscarriage # 3 for us, and I thought for sure that that meant that I just wasn't destined to have children. It was always such a struggle just to get pregnant, and then when we did, I'd lose them within weeks. I almost didn't want to try again; I wasn't sure I wanted to go through the heartache again, wasn't sure that I could. But we did end up trying again, and after a lot of extra care from my OB and some extra medication to help, the gorilla glue finally stuck fast and we were blessed with this a week before Christmas:

Is he not the most yummy baby you've ever seen? Can't tell that I'm biased at all :) I cannot imagine loving something so small so much, so completely, so fast after first meeting him. It took 365 days of pills, some morning sickness, extra doctor's visits, and a lot of worries to do it but he's here, he's ours, and I wouldn't change anything about him, crooked feet and all, for anything in the world and I'd do it all over again just to snuggle him close and have him giggle in my face. I love you, little Nugget!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that happy little face!