Saturday, February 25, 2012

Christmas Day 2011

I know I'm a little behind the times with this, but better late than not at all, right? Christmas this year was a tough one on our little Nugget. He was SO sick. But he found that Christmas excitement nonetheless and I just love him to bits. Here's a short clip of him opening his first couple presents that morning:


My son just has such pure joy and love for everything...who gets excited at the prospect of opening diapers?! He couldn't have cared less what was in that present, it was the fact he got to open a present that gave him joy. I wish I could harness that life outlook for myself.

The rest of the day kind of went downhill. He still got to open some presents, but he felt worse and worse as the day went on and by that night all he wanted to do was sit in my lap and snuggle with blankets. Poor bug. But whether he knows it or not, he brought the Christmas joy into our lives that day.

No comments: